The electronic abstract submission system serves the 1st Middle East & North Africa Pediatric Orthopeadic Surgery Conference (POSC) to simplify the abstract submission and reviewing process. Only electronic submissions are accepted
Abstract submission system opening:
14 May 2011
Abstract submission deadline:
31 October 2011
Confirmation of abstract acceptance:
30 November 2011
Registration deadline for presenters of accepted abstracts:
29 February 2012
1. Submitting, editing, deleting and cross-submitting abstracts
- Authors may submit electronically more than one abstract; however, each abstract must be submitted separately.
- On 31 October 2011 the submission system will be closed. At this date, all sent abstracts will be regarded as submitted to POSC and passed to the reviewers. Deleting or editing of abstracts after this deadline is not possible.
- Due to the expected amount of abstracts, there will be no correspondence about uncomplete or wrongly formatted abstracts. Without further notice, those abstracts won´t be reviewed.
- Without further notice, abstracts recognized as cross-submission will not be reviewed
2. Length and format of the abstracts
- Abstracts will not be accepted unless formatted according to following instructions.
- The total of all characters, including spaces (blanks) and including the title must not exceed 3000 characters.
3. Your personal data (institution designation and e-mail)
Please verify that your personal address is correct as it will be used for contacting you after the review process.
We will use the e-mail address you provided for correspondance. If you share your e-mail address, please be aware that others can access your confidential information. Therefore, we strongly recommend providing us a privately used e-mail address.
Please note that no data is shared to a third party.
5. Publishing abstracts
By your submission, you grant POSC the right to use your abstracts on POSC´s websites, printed materials and newsletters without further notice.
For publication however, impeccable English language is mandatory or it cannot be published.
Only papers that have been accepted by the POSC Scientific Committee by 30 November 2011 and authors / co-authors of same paper are registered by 29th February 2012 at the latest are considered as valid papers and will represent a part of the Scientific Programme of the congress.
After your successful registration you will receive an email confirmation.
PowerPoint presentation tips:
- Speakers must adhere strictly to the scheduled times according the programme.
- Only computer projection will be available. No slide projectors will be available in meeting rooms, and it will not be possible to use personal laptops.
- Speakers are kindly requested to use PowerPoint (Office 03/07, Windows or Mac). The uploading of DVD movies is NOT supported.
- We recommend using “.gif” and “.jpg” formats for images. Other types of extension will be accepted, provided that they are recognised by PowerPoint.
- MPEG2 is the preferred format for embedded movies, but *.avi, *.wmv are also accepted. If codecs are used, the code package DIVx in the current version should be chosen. This can be found at www.divx.com. Confirm that all needed files are in the SAME FOLDER as your presentation.
- Use large fonts (the minimum font size should be 18 points ). If you cannot fit all your subjects on a slide without moving to a smaller font, break the points up onto separate slides. Sans serif fonts are recommended.
- Confirm that your presentation contains only standard fonts. For cross-platform compatibility, the use of Times Roman, Arial, Verdana is advised. Some other fonts may not transfer properly from your computer to the system used for presentation.
- Limit each slide to one main idea with three to six points. More than six points (bullets) and your audience will have difficulty reading the slide.
- 7-10 Slides for 7 minutes Free Paper presentation.
- The use of CD-Rom’s, USB pens or memory sticks is advisable to download presentations in the speaker room.
Speakers with PowerPoint presentations on CD Roms, USB pens/sticks:
Please report to the conference centre at least 2 hours ahead of your presentation or the day before.
Speakers with presentation on their own laptop (we discourage this procedure):
Please report to the conference centre at least 4 hours ahead of your presentation or the day before.
These timings will allow your presentation to be downloaded onto the main computer.
If you are conducting more than one speech during the Congress, you may upload all your presentations at the same time and they will be sent to the corresponding session hall at the time of your session.
Please check your presentation carefully on the preview room computer assigned by the staff before the final sign off.
For any further information please contact the POSC Coordination at:
Tel. +971 4 338 0102 Fax +971 4 338 5272,